Thursday, September 1, 2011
What do these animals have in common? They are all animals in the food chains Esme and I have been working on! This lesson is doubling for both Brownies and homeschooling, as Esme is working on her Eco-Explorer Try-It, while learning about animals. Planet Earth miniseries, which we've been watching as a family. I have to say, I was really impressed with her Wildebeast drawing! She did a great job copying elements from a photo. Girl's Guide to Girl Scouting will be introduced, so we'll have lots of new awards. I'm letting Esme do as many Try-Its on her own this year since we have this time to transition. Our troop will be concentrating on all the new ones!
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
1. Finishing the essay - Esme has been working on an essay about our Brownie trip to New York for what seems like forever. She has a writing folder to help her stay organized, but this morning she couldn't find a couple pages of the rough draft. O..M..G. I did not kill her though, I just insisted she find it, which she eventually did.
2. I have to mail our assessment/intention letter today - I combined them into one long letter this year, and it makes more sense to me that way.
3. Staying organized is a challenge for ALL of the members of our family - I have to sort a huge pile of independent work for her into categories, folders, etc.
4. We are going to our first 4H meeting today - not an official meeting, but a picnic to meet the other people she'll be working with this year. The theme of this group is Science, which is her very favorite subject.
5. We are going to give her a year to really challenge herself and grow this year - if she was in public school she would be in *third grade,* which is the first really challenging year for many kids.
Posted by JennyLilac at 8:26 AM